DELIVERY AND PICK-UP OF STUDENTS
Start of School
- School begins at 8:00am
- Breakfast is served from 7:15 -7:50am
- Students choosing not to have breakfast at school are encouraged to arrive between 7:50 and 8:00am
- 1st grade will dismiss at 3:20pm
- 2nd and 3rd grades will dismiss at 3:25pm
Parent Drop-off and Pick-up
- The speed limit on campus is always 5 MPH.
- Parents who are dropping students off in the morning should use the grade designated areas.
- 1st grade drop off location is the gym
- 2nd grade drop off area the driveway outside the library
- 3rd grade drop off area along Colorado
- Bus lane is only for BUSES
- We ask that you bring your child to school at the appropriate start time for breakfast if they choose to eat or 10 minutes prior to the start of school if not eating. This ensures that all students are properly supervised and safe.
- There is NO STUDENT DROP-OFF in the parking area. It is extremely dangerous to allow students to walk across the parking area unattended by a parent or guardian. Please drop off only in the designated area.
- All Parent Pick-up students will be dismissed with the student's teacher in the grade designated area.
- We suggest arriving at Parent Pickup at the designated dismissal time (not early) this way you will not have to wait in lengthy lines for your child(ren).
- For safety purposes no cars are to be parked in the front of the school for parent pick up before 2:50 pm. Thank you in advance for your cooperation, the safety of your children is our primary concern.
- Parents who are picking up students in the afternoon before dismissal may park in any of the paved, designated parking spaces. Lanes must be kept open for emergency vehicles (fire and ambulance), so please do not double park. Parents must always escort their children to and from parked vehicles.
- We request parents who are picking up students in the afternoon, remain in their cars. We ask that you stay in your car in line, unless there is an emergency.
- Parents are not to use the Bus Lane area to drop-off or pick-up their children.
Children Leaving During School Hours
- If a student needs to be picked up early or if there is a change in the way your child is sent home, the parent or guardian must notify the school. Otherwise, your child will be sent home the usual way.
- Students will only be released to an adult with a valid driver’s license, State ID, or other government ID. The adult must be parent, guardian or designated as an authorized adult on the student emergency card. This is done as a security measure.
- If you need to pick your child up from school during the day you will need to come to the front office and your child will be called to the office. Cooperation in this matter will foster a learning environment with limited disruptions for all children.